Health care is provided at Durnford Medical Centre by a diverse and varied group of health care professionals.
The list below includes personnel employed to work at the practice, in addition to our permanent staff there are a number of professionals employed within the Middleton Network who provide services from the practice including Paramedics, Nurse Associates, Clinical Pharmacists, Physician's Associates and Social Prescribers.
Durnford Medical Centre is actively involved in education and hosts Medical Students from Manchester University as well as other professional groups
|Sister Natalie Blair (f)|
NMC Number 11G1295E
Msc Advanced Clinical Practice – Qualified 2020
Bsc Adult Nursing – Qualified 2011
V300 Non-Medical Prescriber – obtained 2015
Educated to Masters level in clinical practice and able to make autonomous decisions in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
|Sister Janine Hughes (f)|
NMC Number 06F0813E
B.Sc.(Community Specialist Practitioner in Practice Nursing), R.G.N., Diploma in Professional Studies. Qualified 2005
V300 nurse Prescribing, Diploma in Asthma, Nurse Mentorship, Currently Undertaking the Bradford Cardiovascular Management Diploma.
|Ms Sareena Wahab (f)|
NMC Number 21A1363E
Dual Registration: Registered Nurse Associate (NMC) and Registered Dental Nurse (GDC).
- Registered Nurse Associate: MRI surgical and medical wards, Primary Care.
- Dental Nurse: Practice, Hospital(Max Fax), Emergency Clinics, Dental Triage.
- Completion of Primary Care Foundation Programme with HMR, delivered by Dr.Gill Tonge.
- Lecturer: Level 5 Nursing Associate and Assistant Practitioner, Dental Nursing.
Professional Duties in Primary Care:
- Management of Chronic Health disease: Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Hypertension and etc.
- Blood pressure review
- Health Education: Diet and Exercise.
- Contraception: Reviews, Pill checks, Depo-provera injection.
- Peak Flow and Spirometry
- B12 Injection.
- Vaccine: Shingles, Influenza, Pneumonia, Whooping cough, Tetanus.
- NHS health Checks
- New Patient Health Check
- Wound Care
|Ms Anna (f)|
Trained in phlebotomy (blood testing) and physiological measurements including new patient health checks, blood pressure checks, ECG recording and performing immunisations and B12 injections
|Ms Jamie (f)|
Trained in phlebotomy (blood testing)